- June 30, 2016:
Auditions have concluded and the cast list for Disney's The Little Mermaid is now posted! Thank you to all who auditioned!
- May 31, 2016: Theatre Unlimited
announces audition information is now available
for Disney's The Little Mermaid
. Click on
the "Auditions" link on the left for more details.
- May 5, 2016: Announcing the Artistic
Team for our upcoming production of Disney's The Little
| Director: || Mary-Lynn Merklinger|
|Music Director: ||Kevin Little|
| Choreographer: || Bob Riddell|
|Producers: ||Michael Buchert, Tom Hope, David
Charchalis, Lisa Goodmurphy|
March 11, 2016: Theatre Unlimited extends an invitation to those interested in applying for the position of:
for their January 2017 musical production of Disney's The Little Mermaid.
Please email a resume detailing your related experience and training by mid April to: email@example.com
Suitable candidates will be invited to attend an interview in
early April where they will outline their vision for the
- July 20, 2015: Auditions have concluded and the cast list for Spamalot is
now posted! Thank you to all who auditioned!
- May 29, 2015: Audition Information is
now available! Click Auditions on the left to find out more!
- May 19, 2015: Announcing the Artistic Team for our upcoming production of Spamalot!
Thank you to all the wonderful
candidates who applied!
|Director / Choreographer: ||Bob Riddell|
|Music Director: ||Jan Stapleton|
|Stage Managers: ||Mary-Lynn Merklinger, Arron Smaller|
|Producers: ||Tom Hope, David Charchalis|
- May 9, 2015: It's official! We can now announce that our January 2016 production will be ...
- February 25, 2015: Theatre Unlimited extends an invitation to those interested in applying for the position of:
for their January 2016 musical production.
- Musical Director
The Show: Carefully and meticulously hijacked from a 70s British classic comedy film, this '05 Tony Award Winning Broadway Production won "Best Musical".
Due to royalty restrictions, we cannot "advertise" the actual name of the show until May 9th, 2015.
Please email a resume detailing your related experience and training by March 31, 2015 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suitable candidates will be invited to attend an interview in
early April where they will outline their ?vision? for the
- February 2, 2015: The Sound of Music
has closed and had a terrific run with over 98% of tickets sold.
The Board of Directors for Theatre Unlimited Performing Arts would
like to take this opportunity to give thanks to all the countless
volunteers who have given up their time, money, and creativity to
our organization. Without your generosity and ingenuity we could
never pull off our annual miracle. The performers on stage receive
applause, but we'd like to acknowledge those who work so
tirelessly behind the scenes. BRAVO!
- January 1, 2015: Thinking about seeing Sound of Music? Consider purchasing the 3-Show Special!
- December 6, 2014: "A MERRY NIGHT"Our own Von Trapp family singers helped out with a charity benefit for homeless families. It was a great success! Thank you to all who helped make this possible!
- December, 2014: "A MERRY NIGHT"...Popular international tenor singer, Emilio Fina and guest performers from our upcoming show - Sound of Music, offer you a holiday medley of music to celebrate the start of the Christmas season. Come join us on December 6th with your family and friends for a very merry night! This worthwhile benefit concert is being organized by our own alumnus Claudia Connor in support of homeless families. On December 6th, we ask that you come out and support this worthy benefit, along with our Sound of Music performers. To Purchase Tickets, please click here!
- November 30, 2014: Mississauga Santa Claus ParadeOur cast was hard at work with a run-through, but some other members and friends braved the cold and represented Theatre Unlimited at the Santa Claus Parade. Many happy parade watchers received information about The Sound of Music and enjoyed some candy canes! We waved for the last time at our outgoing mayor Hazel McCallion!
- November, 2014:November is here and Santa is set to make his visit to Mississauga! Once again, Theatre Unlimited will be involved. It's a terrific opportunity to let everyone know about our group and our show! The parade is Sunday November 30 - volunteers are welcome!
- October, 2014:Rehearsals are underway and our hardworking artistic team have begun to share their vision with the cast! It's an exciting time as old friends re-unite and new friends are welcomed to the Theatre Unlimited family. Our tireless production crew are also hard at work on set design, costumes and props. We're always looking for help behind the scenes, so if you can lend a hand, click on Get Involved on the left.
- September, 2014: If you are on our mailing list, you should have received a request asking you to confirm that you would like to continue to receive e-mails from us. The e-mail is from "email@example.com". If you didn't receive it, check your junk folder. Be sure to click on the "Yes, continue to send me emails" link to be kept up-to-date on all the latest news!
- July, 2014: The Sound of Music auditions have concluded and the show is now cast! The production team is hard at work preparing behind the scenes for the beginning of rehearsals. The board is hard at work making sure that we have full houses for what is promising to be a stellar show! Looking forward to the cast Meet 'n Greet on Tuesday, October 2nd. See you all there!
- April, 2014: The wait is over! We are now scheduling auditions for Theatre Unlimited Performing Arts? production of The Sound of Music, to be presented January 23, 24, 29, 30, 31, 2015 at 8 pm and, January 25, 31, and February 1, 2015 at 2 pm at the Meadowvale Theatre in Mississauga. Theatre Unlimited Performing Arts is a non-union, non-paying community theatre group. Given the amount of competition for the male performers this season we are willing to work our schedule around the ?Special Production? within the Encore Series that is in the first time slot for Adult Male Performers only. Most male roles will not be required until after the first production closes. No other show conflicts will be considered. See Auditions for more details.
- January 27, 2014: Leapin' Lizards! What a wonderful opening weekend! Crowds have fallen in love with Annie! The Mississauga News has a review here. If you haven't seen it yet, or would love to see it again, your choices are limited! The matinees this Saturday and Sunday (Feb 1 and 2) are completely sold out! Some good seats are still available for Thursday night (Jan 30), and limited seats for Friday and Saturday nights can be had, but they won't last! Visit mtix.ca RIGHT NOW to find your seats and avoid disappointment!
- November 14, 2013: Thinking about seeing Annie? Consider purchasing the 3-Show Special!
- August 22, 2013: The Annie Cast List has been posted! Click on Current Show on the left to see who's who!
- June 16, 2013: Our Annual General Meeting is this Saturday June 22nd. If you plan to attend, we need you to RSVP. We need this for logistical purposes (we need to know how much food to order), and for administrative purposes, so it's important that you RSVP. You may contact Tom Hope (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your reply. Among other fun, one of the purposes of the AGM is to elect our board of directors. A strong community group is measured by the quality of its members, and by the leadership of its board. If you would like a new experience where you can get hands-on with the inner workings of Theatre Unlimited and help our group thrive, please consider joining our board. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Tom Hope.
- June 4, 2013: Annie Audition Music is now posted. Click the Audition Information link on the left!
- June 3, 2013: Audition information for Annie! is now posted! Click the Audition Information link on the left!
- Apr 8, 2013: Current and former members of Theatre Unlimited are invited to our 25th Anniversary Celebration on Saturday June 1st. The evening will include raffles, door prizes, memorabilia, dinner, and dancing.
Cocktails start at 5:30pm with dinner at 6:30pm.
Event will be held at:
Port Credit Legion Hall
35 Front Street North
Cost: $45 per person
Please RSVP with payment no later than Saturday May 11th to Lori Koenan at email@example.com.
- Mar 14, 2013: Theatre Unlimited is currently inviting applications from Directors, Music Directors, and Choreographers for our January 2014 production of Annie. Applications should be submitted by email to: Theatre Unlimited Hiring Committee - Attn: Michael Buchert (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications should include a current resume (highlighting relevant experience), a proposal (see detailed criteria here), and a list of relevant arts-based references with contact information (e.g. theatre groups for which you have previously directed). To be considered, applications must be received no later than March 29, 2013. Interviews will be conducted within the first two weeks of April.
Additional notes: While we strive to interview as many candidates as possible, we cannot guarantee that all applicants will be interviewed. Theatre Unlimited is a charitable community theatre organization ? non- union, offering a small honorarium for each of the 3 directorial related roles. We value the community in which we perform and strive to maximize the production and group membership to ensure that the overall membership is Mississauga based. We would also consider the introduction of a pre-existing team but reserve the right to interview and or hire individuals of the team.
- Jan 28, 2013: Congratulations to the cast and crew of Theatre Unlimited's 25th Anniversary production of FOLLIES. Reviews are up and it is clear that TU has once again delivered on its mission to provide high quality theatre to Mississauga residents. The Mississauga News says "there's no denying that Theatre Unlimited has aimed high with this production, and they haven't missed". The Ontario Arts Review exclaims "extensive intricate costuming; lighting; and incredible staging/crew teamwork make FOLLIES as professional as local theatre gets". Opportunities like FOLLIES don't come often to performers or audiences outside of New York so this is a show you won't want to miss! Tickets are only available until Sunday February 3rd so hurry and get your tickets at MTix.ca.
Jan 28, 2012: As members of ACT-CO, we at Theatre Unlimited are all invited to the annual Thea Awards Gala. Although our production of FOLLIES was not adjudicated for awards, there will be some of our friends from the Encore Series amongst the nominees who will gladly welcome support. The gala will be held on April 6, 2013 at the Borgatta Wedding and Event Venue in Vaughan. Tickets are $50 for dinner and awards followed by dancing; and $25 for awards and dancing only. Full details are available here. To order tickets, please mail cheques to Mary Lynn Merklinger, 3346 Tallmast Cres, Mississauga, ON, L5L 1H5. Cheques should be made out to Mary Lynn Merklinger and be accompanied by a self-addressed stamped envelope so she can forward tickets once they are received. All cheques must be received by March 7th. Anything received after this date will be returned to the sender in their self-addressed, stamped envelope.